Recreate Meghan Markle’s hair and beauty with these experts’ advice
It’s undeniable that Meghan Markle’s hair and beauty at the Royal Wedding exuded sophistication. If you’re a sophisticated bride-to-be, looking for a simple but elegant style on your wedding day, it may just be the Duchess of Sussex’s bridal look that you’re after.
Recreate Meghan Markle’s Hair
Fiona McIntosh, Co-Founder and Creative Director of blow LTD, believes that we will be seeing a lot more messy updos as a result of our new Duchess’ hair choice. “We have long since seen that the Royals have a huge impact on hair trends, especially for special occasions,” Fiona explains. “Kate Middleton sparked a huge demand for the bouncy blow dry look back in the early noughties and this classic style is still very much in demand for big events. But our stylists are now frequently asked for more relaxed, undone looks like tousled beachy waves and messy updos.”
Meghan’s hair, finessed by Serge Normant, was in a low, ‘messy’ bun, and it’s soon to be the trendiest hairstyle going. If you want to recreate this look then sit tight because you’re in the right place.
Our sister magazine, Confetti, met with the talent behind Duck & Dry, the popular London-based brand known for their blow dries and updos, to find out how you can recreate Meghan’s relaxed, beautiful look on your wedding day. Meghan’s loose updo only took less than 15 minutes for the stylists to recreate, making it ideal for brides opting for that effortless look on their wedding day.
See the full video of the stylists at work, below.
Recreate Meghan Markle’s Beauty Look
Meghan Markle’s wedding makeup was styled by Daniel Martin. It was the epitome of elegance – just like her bridal hairstyle! The Duchess of Sussex was reported saying she loves her freckles and hates that they’re often air brushed out in the press. As a result, for her big day, which was on looked by millions, the now Duchess of Sussex opted for a more natural look.
Image from Kensington Palace's Instagram
We asked the talented makeup artist, Phoebe Taylor, from Perfect 10 Black Label to recreate Meghan’s soft and radiant look.
Watch this video for a detailed step-by-step guide, or see the breakdown of Phoebe’s top tips below.
Step 1: Face
- -Prep your skin with a hydrating moisturiser. For the best results, try Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate.
- -Apply a light coverage of illuminating foundation, try NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser.
- -Apply NARS Radiant Creamy concealer under your eyes.
- -Top tip: Keep it looking as close to the skin colour as possible as it’s not about coverage, but instead more about evening that skin tone and creating a radiant look.
Step 2: Eyes
- -Use MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork as light base. Sweep product lightly over the eyelids.
- -Sweep TOM FORD Eyeshadow Palette in Coco Mirage softly in the crease and blend.
- -Use a black kohl eyeliner pencil to line the top and bottom lash lines.
- -Finish the eyes with a healthy coat of black mascara.
Step 3: Cheeks
- -Sweep a light dusting of bronzer on the cheek bones. Recommended: NARS Laguna.
- -Dust the apples of your cheek with a light pink/peach blush. For the best results, try Charlotte Tilbury - Ecstasy.
Step 4: Lips
- -Line your lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pink Venus.
- -Finally, finish your look by applying Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Amazing Grace.
Love Meghan Markle’s bridal look? Make sure you check out our edit of Meghan Markle style wedding dresses for even more ways to steal her style.